When property owners consider home improvements, they research the best investments. More often than not, replacing the vinyl siding on their residences or businesses is at the top of the list. Among the things property owners do to maintain their properties and increase value, having vinyl siding updated is quite popular.
In comparison to other siding materials, vinyl has been the runaway favorite. This trend is likely to continue in the future. As a slow conductor, vinyl inhibits heat and cold transfer, whereas other materials like aluminum do not. This keeps the property interior at a comfortable temperature while better keeping outdoor temperatures from seeping in.
In addition to aesthetic and energy-saving benefits, which many property owners already know, there are other valid reasons for this decision, and we have outlined them below.
Top Reasons for Replacing Your Vinyl Siding
- Easy Care. Other vinyl siding materials can require quite a bit of maintenance. For example, cedar must be stripped and restained periodically to avoid a faded appearance. Aluminum siding can take on a chalky appearance that isn’t very nice to look at.
This isn’t the case with vinyl. Cleaning with soap and water is all required to keep it looking its best.
- Environmentally-Friendly. Most people would not consider a manufactured material like vinyl good for the environment. But it is, and here’s why.
It lasts for decades with no special chemicals or paints to maintain it. It can even be reused and recycled. Sustainability is one of the best features of vinyl siding, making it an easy, eco-friendly choice.
- Design Options. When you consider the vast array of color choices and styles of vinyl siding now on the market, it’s easy to see why it is growing in popularity. Gone are the days of a one-size-fits-all style and a choice of 3 colors.
- Toughness. Durability is yet another beneficial feature of vinyl siding. Being almost indestructible, vinyl siding can endure virtually any harsh weather conditions for decades, even wind speeds of up to 200 miles per hour.
Vinyl siding is also the most resistant to invasive insects and color fading. All these features contribute to this material’s incredible growth in the home improvement market.
- Property Value. When buyers are looking for their next home, they are looking for the least amount of renovations possible to get their new home looking the way they want it. With vinyl siding, they have a home feature that will save them money on energy costs and maintenance.
Vinyl siding also has excellent curb appeal. If you choose your color and style of siding thoughtfully, you can add not only curb appeal but value to your current property.
Learn More About the Benefits of Vinyl Siding
The siding experts at Northwest Exteriors are ready to provide you with more information about vinyl siding and its benefits you. Contact us today or stop by our showroom. You’ll be glad you did!