As a homeowner, you know that the best way to protect the biggest investment of your life is to maintain it well. Homes in good condition naturally command higher market value than homes in disrepair. But other than making sure the plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and roof are kept in tip-top shape, what other features should homeowners upgrade?
Home exteriors are often overlooked until property owners plan to list their homes for sale. But the exterior is an important part of your home’s structure that should not only be updated regularly to maintain property value but should also be upgraded for an owner’s financial and security benefits.
What Is Fiber Cement Siding?
While there are many types of siding on the market today, there is one modern product that often gets overlooked. Fiber cement siding should be on your list of possible siding materials.
Fiber cement siding is manufactured from sand, water, cement, and fiber or wood pulp. This combination of materials creates an incredibly strong and durable siding product that can be molded into different shapes and textures just like sand or cement.
Water dissolves the wood fibers and activates the cement, while the wood pulp gives the siding flexibility. Sand is then mixed in to thicken the cement which binds all the materials together. Once this is blended, it is poured into plank molds.
How New Fiber Cement Siding Benefits Your Investment
There are many benefits to choosing fiber cement siding, including the following:
- Documented high return on investment. Cost vs. Value reports has shown that fiber cement siding delivers one of the best ROIs of any remodeling project.
- Aesthetics. As any homeowner knows, curb appeal is your first chance to impress potential buyers. Fiber cement siding is available in a wide variety of textures and colors, giving you all the options you need to make your home a showpiece.
- Easy care. If you own property, then you already know how much work it is to maintain it. But maintaining fiber cement siding couldn’t be easier! It doesn’t require ongoing repairs or repainting. And as a bonus, it’s easy to paint and change the color scheme of your home should you wish to do so.
- Pest and rot prevention. While every kind of siding protects the structure of your home, fiber cement siding provides extra protection from invasive insects and water damage that causes rot and mold. Fiber cement siding has no seams that overlap and give access to moisture.
- Flame-retardant. Insurance companies love fiber cement siding for this feature. Since the materials used in its manufacture are mostly non-flammable, it won’t be fazed by excessive heat or flames. Some insurance companies even offer discounts on home policies when fiber cement siding is professionally installed.
- Severe weather security. If you live in an area where harsh weather is a reality, fiber cement siding is an excellent choice. It better protects the house structure from damage and gives peace of mind.
Learn More About the Benefits of Fiber Cement Siding
Northwest Exteriors offers top-of-the-line fiber cement siding products. Contact us today to learn more, or stop by our showroom. You’ll be glad you did!