When your front door needs replacing, and you’re pretty handy, you might think it’s a job you can tackle yourself. But there are many reasons why hiring a professional for this particular task just makes sense.
After removing the old door, you may run into repair or replacement requirements with the frame. Even if you know a little about carpentry, you may not have the skills to ensure a tight seal. Or you may have issues lining the door up precisely right, affecting security and energy savings.
Installing doors properly to get all the benefits a new door provides takes the masterful skill of a seasoned professional. Not to mention that they can complete the job quickly and efficiently. Saving yourself the headache of incorrect door installation and the added costs associated with that are worth it.
Things to Consider
Before attempting to install a new front door on your own, think about this:
- Do you have a vehicle large enough to transport the door?
- Do you have the right tools?
- Do you have the carpentry skills necessary to repair and replace the framing?
- Is it worth your time as opposed to a fast installation by a pro?
Benefits of Hiring a Door Installation Company
When you contact a door replacement company near you, you hire decades of experience. A new front door properly installed is a quick job done correctly the first time without any hassles.
Professionals will double-check every aspect of their work to ensure you get the optimal benefits from your investment, such as maximum security against break-ins, protection from the elements and invasive insects, and energy savings.
Another benefit is a warranty on the product and the work. No such benefits are included when you buy a new door from a home improvement company and do the work yourself.
How to Hire a Professional Door Installation Company
Now that you know the benefits of hiring a door replacement company, here are a few tips for having the best experience:
- Do online research to find a reputable company with many years of experience.
- Get multiple quotes and make sure your quote includes replacing the door frame if that proves necessary upon closer inspection
- Ask for various options. There is a wide variety of material choices, each with its own set of benefits and downsides
- Ask for add-on quotes. You may want to add extra lighting or choose a custom door with decorative features.
- Ask if they are licensed and insured. Your local regulations or HOA may require it
- Ask for a warranty in writing. Read the document closely.
- Make sure the company does a preliminary assessment of your entryway.
Learn More About the Advantages of Professional Door Installation
Let’s face it when you hire the best; you get the best result. The expert team at Northwest Exteriors has helped hundreds of homeowners reap the maximum benefits of installing a new front door. We can help you too! Contact us today for a free on-site assessment and quote.