If you’ve lived in your home for several years, you may think your entry needs a new look. After all, it’s the first impression visitors have when they come calling. It’s also the first thing prospective buyers evaluate when considering curb appeal.
Your front door is the main focus of your home’s front exterior and should make a statement or at least look fresh and attractive. Here are some easy ways to liven up your entryway without breaking the bank.
Begin With These 5 Simple Changes
Your front door says a lot about your home and the people who live there. A sleek, modern door says you like things classic and simple. An ornate or painted door pays homage to history or whimsy. Whichever style you choose, make sure it reflects who you are and the architectural style of your home.
Enhancing the beauty of your home entry begins with some simple changes. Here are the best steps to start with for a more focused and stylish first impression:
1. A New Door – Replacing your old front door brings with it more than style. You also improve energy savings, increase security, and protect the home from invasive pests. The new range of material choices may seem overwhelming, but don’t let that set you back. Your door replacement specialist can guide you to the right material choice for your home.
2. Change It Up – if your door has recently been replaced or is still in excellent condition, change it up by painting it boldly or adding artistic details. Painting your door will add to the ongoing maintenance to keep it looking fresh. Choose the right outdoor paints suitable for your door’s material.
3. Hang Door Wreaths or Decorations – Wreaths can add so much to an entry. Large wreaths of simple pine boughs can be used year-round to add color and texture. Wooden or straw wreaths and wrought iron wreaths can often be found at art shows and festivals. Seek out unique pieces that make bold statements.
4. Add Large Pots – Symmetry is always strikingly beautiful when done right. Adding large pots in natural materials to either side of your entryway “grounds” it and enhances your home’s architectural elements. Add topiaries or evergreen plantings for textural interest.
5. Lighting – Nothing is more eye-catching at night than well-placed lighting. Add some lighting features on the entryway walls for added safety at night and some in-ground lighting around the entry’s landscaping for a dramatic effect.
Drama and interest for your front entry are within reach of everyone’s budget with a bit of planning. Visit estate sales, antique fairs, or flea markets to find interesting features for your entryway. By finding unique pieces, you’ll break loose from the repetitiveness of homebuilder sameness.
Learn More About New Front Doors & Entry Enhancements
For decades the specialists at Northwest exteriors have helped hundreds of homeowners with front door replacement. We can help you too! Contact our design team today for new ideas.