Hey Sacramento! Here are 5 “cool” steps to a more energy-efficient home
Thermometers around Sacramento remain high, with bakin’ hot temperatures here for a while. How is your home handling it?
Replacement windows and entry doors, solar panels, siding, HVAC, and other improvements keep your home well-insulated and energy efficient while keeping you comfortable. Take a look at how these and other upgrades can help you stay cool and save you money during our crazy-hot summers.
1. Replacement windows and doors. If your utility bills are too high, it may be time to look at replacing your old inefficient windows.
Replacing your windows can lower energy bills, reduce outside noise, and protect you and your furniture from harmful UV rays. Because of energy savings, window replacement offers a tremendous return on investment. Homeowners can save up to 40 percent on their energy bills just by replacing their windows!
Anlin Window Systems makes high-quality vinyl windows in a variety of sizes. Based in Clovis, California, Anlin is known for delivering durable frames and industry-leading, energy efficient insulated glass systems. Anlin’s sliding patio doors and swinging French doors keep the same eye on quality with an emphasis on security.
2. Heating and Air Conditioning Systems. Don’t wait until your air goes out to have your Heating and Air Conditioning system checked out. If you’ve had your system for 10 to 15 years or more, consider replacing it with an ENERGY STAR-qualified system. For what you would spend in future repairs, you can have a new, efficient Heating and Air Conditioning system that saves you up to 20 percent on your energy bills. New systems not only run more efficiently, but they control dust and humidity better than older systems.
3. Solar. Take advantage of the Delta’s ample sunshine with a solar power system. For a reasonably low investment, you can reduce or eliminate your electric bill and generate your own clean electricity.
In addition, special financing, tax credits, and government rebates can help cover the initial panel and installation costs. Through programs such as the Property Accessed Clean Energy Program (PACE), you can earn cash-back rebates for every watt of solar energy produced in your home. Put your home to work for you.
4. Siding. Consider siding as another layer of insulation. Siding protects your home from the elements (in California, that’s mainly heat and rain) and from structural damage, as well as increasing energy efficiency. New siding also dramatically improves the appearance of your home.
Choose from traditional vinyl siding, as well as engineered wood, cedar, or cultured or synthetic stone. All offer advantages in durability, looks, and energy efficiency. A knowledgeable consultant can help you pick siding that suits your home and lifestyle.
5. Patio covers and LifeRooms. Spend more quality time outdoors by adding a covered patio or LifeRoom. A patio cover/LifeRoom protects you from the elements so you can enjoy your outdoor space more comfortably. Your summer barbecues just got a whole lot better.
How do you summer-ize your home? Call an experienced home improvement company with close local ties. Northwest Exteriors has served the Sacramento area under the leadership of General Manager Skip Hunter, as well as Rancho Cordova, Santa Rosa, Fresno, and Bakersfield, since 1995. Yes, they do windows. They also do Heating and Air Conditioning system installation, siding, solar, patio covers, and LifeRooms. A Northwest Exteriors consultant can also help you explore funding options.
Because Northwest Exteriors is locally owned and operated they give every customer their undivided attention. They offer quality products, including Anlin and Milgard windows, Daikan, Franklin and Goodman Heating and Air Conditioning systems and much more, all at a fair price.
With more than 40,000 satisfied customers, Northwest Exteriors has earned an A-plus rating with the Better Business Bureau and is a Diamond Certified business. As a way of saying thank you, the company participates in a number of community service programs.
When you have decided on a home remodeling project, you want a company that will show up on time and get the job done right. That is why clients from across the state recommend us to their friends and family, “Simply the Best… Trust Northwest”.
To find out how you can make your home super-cool this summer, contact Northwest Exteriors for a free consultation at (916) 605-2575 (NorCal) or (858) 866-8660 (SoCal).